Writes Like a Girl started this monthly post & has a monthly link up for it on her blog.
I can’t believe we’re one step closer to Spring (which means pollen allergy to me)! January has been a weird month for me because I mostly spent it at home sick or studying, I can’t wait to pass my last exam now. I’m so ready to go to the cinema, visit a museum or go for a shopping afternoon with my mom.
Here is a recap of my goals for the month.
1. Watch more movies and only 1 TV series at a time. Yes, I did it! I have to say that being sick for almost 2 weeks helped me a lot to achieve this goal (LOL). After watching season 3 of Grantchester, I watched all the three seasons of Broadchurch, which was the perfect show since each season had 8 episodes and it was already finished, so nothing more to wait for. Now I’m looking for a new TV series to start in February. Here is a list of the movies I watched (most of them have been a rewatch):
- National Lampoon’s Vacation
- Vacation (2015)
- The Hangover
- Death on the Nile (1978)
- Jurassic World
- Cutthroat Island
- Miss Congeniality
- Practical Magic
- Wonder Woman
Not too bad for a girl who used to watch one movie a month, if lucky, and all the rest was all TV series! I’m not going to track the movies I watch anymore, but I’ll keep trying to stick with this new habit.
2. Journal daily. Done! Both on the Journey app and my diary. 3. Reduce my time on Instagram. I managed to stick with my rule to not check Instagram before noon and some days I almost forgot it until 5 or 6 pm!
4. Wear more makeup. I didn’t actually achieve this goal because I spent so much time at home, technically it wasn’t my fault!
5. Visit more blogs and leave more comments. I did it, but I can improve this.
Articles Written in January
December Favorites – things I enjoyed during December, on the Travelling Geek Show blog.
Tips and Tricks to Start a Reading Journal in 2018 – I’m pretty proud of my monthly post for Page Flutters since I love journaling and books and all that in between. 🙂
App Review: PDF Converter – a nice collaboration I’ve been able to do. I thought about posting it here on the blog as well, but it was a review so I decided to publish it on Medium instead.
How to Keep an Accomplishment Journal and Feel More Productive with Journey – this month I also managed to guest post for my friend Francesco on his blog Keep Productive and I highly recommend you to check out this app, it’s free and actually improved my life!
1. Keep a healthy relationship with Twitter. I’m planning to share how I’m using social media in 2018 in an upcoming blog post. However, I decided to go back tweeting but I’m done with scheduling and social media management apps, I only use TweetDeck from my laptop because it helps me to filter my feed. But I don’t have the app on my phone anymore.
2. Reread Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. February is for book 2 of the saga according to the #HarreadPotter schedule and I can’t wait to finish the book to rewatch the movie since it’s my favorite in the whole series!
3. More analog productivity. I decided to go back to a paper planner for 2018, I still keep my long-term plans on Trello and my events on Google Calendar, but I want to use my cute Molang diary more and I want to establish again the habit to check it first thing in the morning.
4. Buy a yoga mat. I’ve been practicing yoga since the end of Summer thanks to the amazing videos on the Yoga With Adriene channel and I’m LOVING it. Now that I finally understood what it feels good to me, I want to go ahead and invest some money in a mat because the one I use it is for fitness and I keep sliding, which is not good because it prevents me to assume the correct posture. By the way, any advice on a good and affordable yoga mat without?
These are my four little goals for this month, I’d love to hear from you! What are your goals for February?